It is with great passion and pride that Clifton & Constance McDerby brought consumer culinary and wine events for the residents of the Greater Houston Area. Launched in 2002, the McDerby's goal was share their love for food and wine and all the many benefits it brings to personal relationships, business relations - both established and new and at the same time break down the mystique and pretentiousness of wine and Food and Vine Time Productions was born.
The first event was the Galveston Food & Vine Times which drew 300 guests. The attendance tripled the second year and again in the third year. Then the focus moved to The Woodlands with the perfect infrastructure to handle a multi-day, multi-faceted culinary and wine event. The industry support emerged seemingly overnight and Wine & Food Week was launched 2005 and was enjoyed by over 4,000 participants.
Today Wine & Food Week welcomes 10,000+ guests who choose from a broad selection of offerings designed for both the novice and serious enthusiast for both culinary and wine. None of this could have happened without the dedicated and tireless efforts of the volunteers who give of their time and energies to create a seamless and fun event for the guests.
Our Present & Future
Bruce Bricco, Director of Volunteer Operations, has worked eight years and has amassed a team of volunteer captains second to none. Together with charity volunteers an army of 500+ people give of their talents to make this event one of the top ten destination culinary and wine events in the country. They do a tremendous job! Thank you.
Our generous sponsors provide the funding necessary to bring a full week of entertainment and education to our guests. Please support their businesses. Buy their products and encourage a friend to do the same. We're all connected in this world and our joint efforts make a difference.
FVTP is proud to have raised almost $300,000 in our few years for charity. Some benefitting organizations are:
- Swing for A Cure
- The Signature Series Literary efforts of The John Cooper School
- The Center for the Performing Arts of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Houston Community College – Culinary Scholarship through the HCC Foundation
- Cinco Charities
- Houston West Chamber of Commerce
- Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Community College Foundation
- West Houston Leadership Institute
- Arthritis Foundation
- New Danville / Texas New Community
- SNAP - Spay & Neuter Assistance Program
- NHPO - National Hispanic Professionals Organization
- U.S. Green Building Council - Greater Houston Area Chapter
- Galveston's Historic Strand District
- Galveston County Food Bank
...plus countless others to whom we've contributed to through their fundraising events and efforts. So tip a glass, share and laugh and take it all in. Have a blast!